November 1, 2010

Satin Nickel Spray Paint

Whoever knew there would be such a thing...but there is and I painted the heck of it!

See for yourself...

Here is the ugly lamp that I had gotten off of an online auction last month.  


Don't you just love the shape?  
 
Well, I wanted it to be a pretty silver color.  So I had read a few places on blog land that some people had used the Blue Magic metal polish stuff...well it didn't work for me.  It just turned my copper boiler black (which I actually kinda like because it is on the inside, it makes it look old and used), make the ugly dull brass a ugly shiny brass. 

So I did what any self respecting crafter would do!  I turned to spray paint! 



Not exactly what I wanted, it looks a little fakey...but it was better once it dried. 

Here is a picture of this thing.  To be honest I don't really know what it was for or what it is called. But I am planning on putting either blankets or towels in it. 
Before




After 


So for about ($1 for lamp+$2 for blanket holder thingy+$4 for spray paint) $7 I have some new silver pretties to display when I get my room together!

Oh and here are the knobs to a $15 wall cabinet that I got from the Salvation Army...the cabinet is not finished yet...well actually the only thing that I have done to it is remove the hardware, painted them  and removed the doors. 


That project will be posted at a later date....or when I finish it. 



1 comment: